Private Tour to Peles Castle, Bran Castle & Brasov (1-day tour)
Private day tour from Bucharest to some of the top tourist destinations in Romania: Peles Castle, Bran Castle and the Transylvanian medieval town of Brasov (12 -13 hours)
Tour type: history, heritage, culture
• Peles Castle, former summer residence of the Romanian royal family, considered one of the most beautiful European 19th century princely residences
• Bran Castle, famous due to the story of Count Dracula, but outstanding for what it truly is, a genuine 14th century citadel reminiscent of the medieval Transylvania
• the Transylvanian Saxon town of Brasov with its medieval charm
• scenic landscapes of the ‘Transylvanian Alps’, the Carpathians
Scroll down the page for full description and all tour details!
Duration 12-13 hours – traffic or bad weather conditions may influence tour duration
Price 230 EUR/tour/1-2 persons, 250 EUR/tour/3 persons, please send your inquiry for larger groups
Activity level medium physical demands; please consider that visit of Bran Castle requires climbing quite a few stairs
– driver/guide service
– transportation by personal car, a 2014 Volkswagen Golf, air conditioned, fully insured for up to 4 persons/ air conditioned minivan for larger groups
– all parking fees and fuel
– admission fees (30 Lei/adult at Peles Castle, equivalent of 7 Eur for the standard tour; 35 Lei/adult at Bran Castle, equivalent of 8 EUR; reduced tickets available for children, students and seniors age 65+ with proper ID)
– the food & drink you choose to buy; consider that the cost of 2-course meal and drink at a local traditional restaurant is around 80 Lei/person, or 18 Eur/person
– photo fees and any other personal expenses
Pick-up, drop-off at your hotel or other pre-agreed location in Bucharest, at 8:00 am or as previously agreed upon
! Peles Castle is closed for visitors on Mondays all year round, and on Tuesdays during the winter season. When Peles Castle is not open we may replace it with the 14th century Rasnov Citadel, one of the most impressive and picturesque of this kind in Transylvania, or we may take advantage of the extra time in Brasov.
Early set off from Bucharest heading to Sinaia, picturesque mountain resort in the Carpathian Mountains, two hours drive north of Bucharest. Visit Peles Castle in Sinaia, foundation and favorite residence of Carol I, the first King of Romania. Inside, the eclectic furniture and decoration are the original ones. The romantic castle, terraced gardens and the surrounding mountain scenery provide plenty of photo opportunities. Before leaving, you may like to sip a coffee while sitting on the terrace overlooking Peles Castle and the mountains.
Then we resume our tour to Bran. The Carpathians are stunning as we pass the popular resort of Busteni, looking like the Alps. En route, stop for lunch to a nice local restaurant. Cross into Transylvania to Bran Castle, the 14th century fortress famous due to the story of Dracula. Visit of Bran Castle, explore the twisting passages and staircases of the castle and learn about Prince Vlad Dracula, one of the most fascinating characters in the Romanian history who inspired Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
Further on the tour continues to the Saxon medieval town of Brasov. Stopover for a short stroll around the Council Square, the main square of the old town. We may have a refreshing drink at one of the outdoor terraces. Evening return to Bucharest.