Essential Bucharest – Half Day Private Bucharest City Tour (4-5 hours)
This is a combined sightseeing and walking tour of Bucharest highlights, with your private guide. The tour covers the emblematic arteries and squares and all the important sights, giving a good overview of the city of Bucharest for first time visitors.
NOTE: Both this half-day Bucharest City Tour and the Full-Day Bucharest City Tour are flexible and try to cover as much as possible and to get the most for you in the available time. Basically we visit the main areas, the most important places in Bucharest. The difference is that the extended tour allows more time for explanations and to take in the sights, and more time to enjoy for instance the Old Town, home to some of Bucharest’s most iconic landmarks.
Duration 4-5 hours
Activity level light to moderate – the tour is normally half walking-half driving, but it can be adapted to suit your physical condition by making more use of the car
Prices 110 EUR/tour/1-4 persons (price is per tour, not per person); please inquire for larger groups!
– guide/driver service
– transportation by 2014 Volkswagen Golf, fully insured, air conditioned for up to 4 people/ minivan for larger groups
– all parking fees and fuel
– entry fees to Village Museum (10 Lei/person)/Palace of Parliament (35 Lei/person)
– all food & drink you choose to buy
Pick-up, Drop-off at your hotel or other previously agreed location within city limits
Highlights & Details
• The Palace of Parliament (Ceausescu’s House of the People) – a communist era legacy and the second largest administrative building in the world; I will explain you the political and social context of the time the new communist Civic Center and the House were built; (inside guided visit of the Palace)
• Stopover in the Palace Square, historical square surrounded by highly evocative edifices and monuments, such as the former Royal Palace; this is the perfect occasion for a brief introduction into Romanian history;
• The Romanian Athenaeum – Bucharest’s iconic concert hall, celebrated symbol of national culture and European Heritage
• Revolution Square, where the communist dictator Ceausescu held his last public speech; you will be given a short account on the Romanian 1989 Revolution;
• Stopover in the University Square, the heart of the city and the most representative public place in Bucharest; this area is home to emblematic buildings and sites of memory that we will talk about (The National Theater, The University of Bucharest, the 21 December 1989 Square etc);
• Kiseleff area – sightseeing tour of Bucharest’s most elegant district
• Visit of the Village Museum, an open-air ethnographic museum presenting authentic peasant houses from all regions of Romania
To request a guided tour or get more information, please use the form below. I will answer every message personally within the next 24 hours, providing details of availability, booking and payment.