Private Bucharest Food, Wine Tasting & Culture Tour (6-7 hrs)
Tour type: food & drink, local life, culture
Duration 6-7 hours (generally from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm)
Price 140 EUR for up to 2 people/please inquire for larger groups
– Guide fee
– Transportation from your hotel to the starting point of the tour and back, for up to 4 people. We use my 2014 Volkswagen Golf. For more than 4 people, we may meet to a pre-agreed upon location, or transportation can be arranged by minivan if necessary, for extra fee.
– A platter of handcrafted cheese, meats and traditional Romanian goodies at a local deli store
What’s extra – estimation of what you have to pay during the tour, per person
– The cost of wine tasting is not included. Expect to pay around 100 Lei/person (equivalent of 20-25 EUR/person) for tasting of 5 premium Romanian wines
– The cost of dinner at restaurant is not included. I will explain the food and make suggestions, but you are free to order your choice of dishes and pay for what you prefer to eat and drink. Consider around 90 Lei/person (20 EUR/person) for a two course meal and drink at a local traditional restaurant.
– The cost of wine bottles, local deli, sweets etc you like to purchase during tour
Pick-up, Drop-off depending on your location, I may pick you up from you hotel or we meet at a previously agreed upon place
This food and wine walking tour is perfect for wine lovers, and for those seeking to explore the local culture through the traditional food and local wines. The different stops will take you around the most popular part of the city that encompasses Piata Amzei area, the emblematic Calea Victoriei and the enticing Old Town. For wine lovers, this is a chance to discover and taste some of the ‘amazing’ Romanian wines.
During the tour you will have the opportunity to purchase bottles of wine, sweets and local deli.
- This is ideally a walking tour (around 3 km, or 2 miles) but we can use my car or rent a minivan if convenient/necessary – if walking is a problem please let me know to adapt the tour.
- Come hungry because there is a lot to sample and eat!
- Please let me know about any food allergies.
- • sample handcrafted cheese, meats and traditional Romanian goodies at a delicatessen store
- • wine tasting at a local wine bar in the Old Town
- • dinner at a fine traditional Romanian restaurant in Bucharest
- • discover central Bucharest, with some of the most important landmarks including stops/visits to legendary local venues and cultural restaurants
- • learn about Bucharest/Romanian history and food culture
– We start the tour from the busy Piața Amzei market area, where trendy restaurants, cafes, pastry shops and deli shops are located. We will stop to a local family-run delicatessen store and taste fine cheese, charcuterie and Romanian traditional treats.
– We will walk through Calea Victoriei, Bucharest’s emblematic artery, to the Old Town, and we will stop to a famous cultural cafe and pastry shop and have a cake. Along the way, I will show you around some of the most emblematic sights and the main historical and cultural landmarks.
– Stroll around the pedestrian Old Town, Bucharest’s oldest district and the city’s fashionable entertainment area. Discover some more landmarks and get tips for the best cafes, restaurants and local favorite spots.
– Wine tasting at a fine wine bar in the Old Town. You will learn about and experience Romanian wines in a casual, relaxed and fun atmosphere. The owner or staff will welcome you and will be happy to introduce you to the Romanian wines, and will recommend or choose wines for you, from your preferred grapes and also from local grape varieties. You may taste different wines and have a glass of your favorite Romanian wine.
– Dinner to a fine traditional Romanian restaurant, where the owner uses authentic old Romanian recipes. You will have the chance to experience Romanian traditional cuisine at its best, and try some more Romanian wine with your food.