1-Day Private Wine Tour from Bucharest to Dealu Mare Wine Region
Private wine tour with your private guide and driver to the wine region of Dealu Mare, two hours drive from Bucharest
Tour type: wine tasting, local experience
Dealu Mare in Prahova County is one of the major wine regions in Romania, considered the realm of Romanian red wine, with a wine-making tradition lost in time. It lies along the gentle slopes of the southern foothills of the Carpathian Mountains, 100 km north-east of Bucharest, about two hours drive.
Many villages in the area are renowned for their vineyards and gave names to famous Romanian wines, such as Valea Calugareasca, Tohani or Pietroasele. I invite you to discover Feteasca Neagra, a unique red wine made of a local grape variety.
The region is still virtually unknown to tourism, and started only recently to uncover its traditions and develop its potential.
Duration approx. 10 hours; total driving distance for the round trip approx. 250 km
Prices 200 EUR/ tour/1 person
240 EUR/tour/2 people
260 EUR/tour/3 people
provided on request for larger groups
What is included
– transportation by 2014 Volkswagen Golf, air conditioned
– guide and driver service
– tasting of 6 different wines at Lacerta Winery
– entrance tickets to Bellu Manor House
– the cost of food and drinks of your choice at local restaurant
– the cost of wine bottles you may like to purchase
Pick-up, Drop-off at your hotel or other pre-agreed location within city limits
- • Winery tour and wine tasting at Lacerta Winery. You will be first given a tour of the winery, starting with a visit of the plantation and all the way to bottling, including the fermentation room and barrel wine aging room. The guide will explain the entire wine making process, and you will be invited to taste wine directly from the tanks and from the barrels. Than you will taste 6 sample wines that you could choose yourself from the list, out of their 17 wine varieties that include red wines, as well as white and rose. You will have a platter of cheese and bread to help you cleanse your palates between wines.
- • Lunch to a local farm restaurant where you can enjoy delicious Romanian traditional food, paired with another glass of wine produced in the area of Dealu Mare. The restaurant is located in the heart of the wine region, set amid the gentle hills of the area, and the food is locally grown.
- • After lunch, visit Bellu Manor House, a rarely preserved monument of local architecture dating from mid 19th century. You will have the occasion to see the old wine cellars and Bellu Museum’s eclectic art collection that belonged to a prominent Romanian boyar family.
- • At the end of the day, visit the 17th century wooden church of the Jercalai Monastery, a beautiful monument of Romanian Christian and Orthodox art.
“The wine tourism in Romania will soon be ‘dynamite'” (William, US)
“The wines we tasted were absolutely fantastic! Romanian wine is definitely underrated.” (Jeroen, Belgium)
“Unlike most wine tastings and tours in the states, this tour was incredibly personal and detailed, introducing us to every step of the wine making process and even letting us taste wine from the barrel at different stages.”(Adrienne, US)